Thursday, July 4, 2013

Leadville Trail Heavy Half

      Let me start off by saying this race is not for beginners! I found out about this race because I wanted to do the silver rush 50 run but then decided to do something shorter so I chose this. The idea of the race is run up a mountain then back. This race starts in leadville  then goes up to Mosquito Pass (13,185') then goes right back down into leadville. Fun right?      


This race was very fun though. It is very scenic and challenging. I had a great race until mile twelve. At mile twelve things started going wrong first I rolled my ankle then I started to get chafed by my shorts. and things just started happening like that. I still finished the race in 30th overall in the fastest year ever, and I was the youngest there! In the race this year the top 2 finishers destroyed the course record by 8 and 5 minutes! This was by far the hardest race I have ever done but also the most memorable. Thank you all the volunteers and the race director for making this an awesome race!!!
Racing towards the pass
Leadville newspaper


Finishers mug!

Finishing



No comments:

Post a Comment